This past weekend was phenomenal for markets! Several annual and semi-annual events took place. James and I hit the road with our cameras and a resolution to save our pennies. Of course, that lasted until we got to the first market, and then it went right out the window.
Our justification is that everyone in his family was born in June and July. So we picked up a ton of birthday gifts. Of course that assumes that I’ll actually want to give any of our treasures away, but that’s a story for another day. If you’re related to us somehow, this is your Birthday Spoiler Alert!
Here are the things we could not resist:
- More peonies from James Durr Farm at the Union Square Greenmarket;
- Chrysler Building cufflinks from Citybitz for an upcoming wedding;
- Adorable embroidered notebook paper and mustache pendants from KnitKnit Knits;
- Yup, they’re Bed Bug Greeting Cards from Bugged Out. On the inside, they say, “Sleep Tight!”;
- Lovely and sentimental Tulip print from Edie Art;
- Paris, France necklace from Adornments NYC. Can you see the ridiculously amazing croissant charm?
- Notecards from Hans My Hedgehog featuring beauitfully detailed fairy tale animal illustrations, like this one of the Bremen Town Musicians;
- Tiny pearl and chalcedony dangle earrings from Yania Creations, which aren’t in the photo because I was wearing them when I took it. But trust me, they’re beautiful.
We also enjoyed delicious arepas and ginger iced tea from the Palenque Home Made Columbian Food Truck!
And my dear, talented friend Grace Napoleon of Folk Couture must have had me in mind when she made this incredible Star Wars dress. I saw those movies (at least the original, real ones) more times than I can count, and I know more quotes than I care to admit publicly. The dress is perfect in every way.
In the interest of disclosure and compliance, I purchased all the items listed. I have receipts. Some are electronic, and one is written on a bit of cardboard, but they are receipts nonetheless.