There is so much wonderful art in the holiday markets. One of my very favorites is EdieArt at the Union Square Holiday Market. I have loved Edie’s work for a long time. My nieces have a beautiful image by Edie of a tiny girl blowing bubbles and swinging on a tulip.
Edie’s images are wonderfully colorful and imaginative, with tiny children and animals in beautiful settings, anywhere from the inside of a rose, to the top of the Brooklyn Bridge., or flying from the string of a balloon. Each image tells its own story and still leaves ample room for you to imagine your own.
This one of a New York water tower is so very sweet and pretty, inspired by Artist Tom Fruin’s Brooklyn installation. Amazingly, but not surprisingly, this same stained glass water tower inspired Boundless Brooklyn, also in the Union Square Holiday Market, to create a limited edition miniature craft model of it.
Edie is selling her original paintings and prints in the Union Square Holiday Market 7 days a week through December 24, 2016. She also has multiple children’s books featuring her artwork and filled with lovely stories. EdieArt is the place to go to find fantastic art for a nursery or a child’s room, or any special place in your life. www.EdieArt.com
Holiday Market Picks!
December 2 – 6, 2016 Events
- December 2. Goddess Holiday Market, Busy Bodies Brooklyn, 1004 Fulton Street, Brooklyn
- December 2 – 4. Food 52 Holiday Market Pop Up, 122 West 26th Street, 8th Floor, Manhattan
- December 3. Om Grown Holiday Market, at Bread and Yoga, 5000 Broadway at 212th Street, Manhattan
- December 3. Vegan Holiday Shop Up, Pine Box Rock Shop, 12 Grattan Street, Brooklyn
- December 3. St. Luke’s School Victorian Christmas Fair, $15 Admission Adults, Children & Seniors $5, 487 Hudson Street, Manhattan ♥
- December 4. Stuyvesant Indi Bazaar, 376 Tompkins Avenue, Brooklyn
- December 3 – 4. The All-American Field Pop Up Market, 72 Noble Street, Brooklyn
- December 3 – 4. Awesometown Holiday Drink Shop Relax, The Well, 272 Meserole Street, Brooklyn
- December 3 – 4. Bulletin Holiday Market, William Vale Hotel, 111 North 12th Street, Brooklyn
- December 3 – 4. f.a.d. Holiday Makers Market, Basement of St.Paul’s Church, 190 Court Street, Brooklyn
- December 3 – 4. SHWICK Holiday Market, 395 Johnson Avenue, Brooklyn
- December 3 – 4. Phoenicia Flea Holiday In Brooklyn, Dobbin St, 64 Dobbin Street, Brooklyn
- December 3 – 4. Renegade Holiday Pop Ups, Industry City, 233 37th Street, Brooklyn
- December 3 – 4. Smithsonian National Museum of the American Native Art Market, Bowling Green, Manhattan
- December 4. Astoria Holiday Market at Bohemian Hall, 29-19 24th Avenue, Astoria, Queens
- December 4. Eat Pie & Shop, P.S. 29, 425 Henry St, Brooklyn
- December 4. Grand Holiday Bazaar, 100 West 77th Street, Manhattan ♥
- December 4. St. Vitus Holiday Flea Market, 1120 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn
- December 5 – 11. Etsy NY Holiday Handmade Cavalcade, in Chelsea Market, 75 9th Avenue, Manhattan
- December 6. Queens Botanical Garden Botanical Crafts & Tree Lighting, Queens Botanical Garden, 43-50 Main Street, Queens
Season & Week-Long Holiday Markets
- November 21 – December 4, 2016. Tuck Shop Holiday Pop Up, Artists & Fleas, 88 10th Avenue, Manhattan
- December 2 – 31. Christmas in Little Italy, 109 Mulberry Street, Manhattan
- November 25 – December 24. Hester Street Fair in the South Street Seaport, 117 Beekman Street, Manhattan
- December 1 - 31. REAL NYC Designer Holiday Pop Up, Open all week, 149 Mulberry Street, Manhattan
Grand Holiday Markets
- Bryant Park Winter Village, Open daily through January 3, 2016
- Columbus Circle Holiday Market, Open daily December 1st – December 24th, 7 days a week
- Grand Central Holiday Fair: Open daily November 16th – December 24th
- Union Square Holiday Market, Open daily November 19th – December 24th
Click for the entire events listing for the season!